Re: [GENERAL] Is there a psqlODBC for the Mac?

От Herouth Maoz
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Is there a psqlODBC for the Mac?
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
(redirecting thread to interfaces list, where it belongs)

At 14:14 +0200 on 07/09/1999, Jelle Ruttenberg wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm looking for a PostgreSQL-ODBC driver for the Mac, to be able to talk
> to a PostgreSQL-database on UNIX/Linux/NT servers.
>
> Please mail me if you know where to get it, or if you know other ways to
> do this.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no ODBC driver for the Mac.
Connection to PostgreSQL from the Mac can be done in Java using the JDBC
driver and Apple's JVM (i.e. MRJ).

Also, you may use TCL, with MacTCL and the pure-TCL interface. I don't know
how well the TCL interface is maintained, though.

Finally, the new version of RealBasic (Pro version) has a PostgreSQL
database interface, which allows for rapid development of client-side
applications on the Mac. It's not a cheap piece of software, but it gets a
lot of acclaim these days.

Herouth

--
Herouth Maoz, Internet developer.